Friday, May 30, 2008

Welcome the new arrival!



I am the proud "mother" of a Borrego Beige Metallic 2008 Honda Civic LX.

The new little one was driven home on Memorial Day and has been getting lots of attention from mommy and many passers by on the street ever since. Lots of shout outs on the street she gets!

I saw this color Civic parked in a Visitor's spot in my development and fell in love on sight. The color I wanted was never in question after I saw this. In person, it has much more personality than "gold," although that's the general color I say the car is. The color is only available in a couple of the models of Civics, so I won't see my twin everywhere either.

Omar wants me to name the car Paula, for Paula Deen, whom he loves. I laughed because she does love butter and the car is gold, but I don't know. Jarred is opposed to it because he thinks Paula Deen is annoying (for shame!)

I had an easier go of things when I got my other Civic in 2002 (oh yes, this is my 14th year of Honda Civic driving, my friends!). Caroline lost count and thought this might be the 4th Civic, but it's only the 3rd. (I just drive them for a lot of years each!)

In 2002, as I pulled out of the dealer's lot with my new Civic that day I bought it, I turned on the radio and a country station was on (I don't listen to much country music on the regular) and the song that was playing was "Fancy" by Reba McIntyre. Well, anyone who knew me in my karaoke days knows that that was my best song--and thus, the car was named Fancy. I actually used to like to say she named herself!

We'll see what we wind up naming this new little number--Maybe naming it "Deen" could be a compromise?

No comments: