Friday, May 23, 2008

Random odds and ends, part 11

Well, my friend Pat is now a priest. You can read about him here.

I am still most disappointed that I was not able to attend his ordination, but I am happy to say, praise be to God, that the Holy Spirit led the others involved in the parish pastoral council discernment process on Saturday to choose me to be one of the 10 members of the first parish pastoral council for the new parish. We will begin our work in July.

My mom and I are planning a vacation in the fall to Denver to see my mom's sister and her family. I haven't been to Colorado since my cousin Trish married a professional bowler when I was 18 and she was 19. Needless to say, that was a long time ago! Although we get to see my Aunt Patty in the summer at her condo in Cape May, we hardly see my cousins and their spouses and kids, so the trip will be a great opportunity to do all of that, relax, sightsee, and so on, for a week. My dad will have to make it without my mom for a week, but I think he'll be OK. He wouldn't want to go out there and stay in my aunt's house for a whole week, he likes his space, so we're better off just going without him this time!

As of this moment, I have no major Memorial Day plans, although I will be going over to the Honda dealer at some point to see how much I could get if I traded in my current car--but fear not, I'll still be able to do my blog posts from the Honda dealer every now and then like I like to do since my new car, when I get it, will of course be another Honda! I just can't say no to such reliable cars! That said, I should start cleaning out my car trunk this weekend too :)

The weather is supposed to be fantastic, so that will be great. Sunny every day of the weekend and getting a little warmer with each passing day.

I have plans to see my Steph from Rutgers and meet her husband Darren for the first time at Old Man Rafferty's in June, so that will be a lomg overdue visit for us that I am looking forward to!

I hope your Memorial Day weekend is relaxing!

No comments: