Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Getting back in the saddle

Well folks, I am getting myself back in the saddle. I have decided that if I am going to actually have a profile up on the Internet, then I actually have to go onto the Web site and meet people and not sit and wait for people to contact me.

After some false starts and one relationship that ended badly through a site that called itself “Catholic,” but wasn’t really too much so, I joined a very conservative Catholic dating Web site where, at the time of signing up, everyone 1) pays a high membership fee—you get a lifetime membership as a result and I believe the higher fee weeds out a LOT of riffraff, ie, non-serious jokers, and I am all for that. It makes searches easier. 2. You know at the time of sign up that the members are all marriage-minded (we aren’t looking for hook ups here, obviously, and if you are, you are going to be sorely disappointed, let me tell you!). 3. You are asked a series of real questions about the Catholic faith—Where do you stand on contraception? Are you eligible to marry in the Catholic Church? How do you view papal authority? Do you go to confession? They are asking much deeper stuff than “Do you go to church?”

I have realized that although I have proclaimed 2007 as a year for taking greater care of others, in order to do so, I need to take greater care of myself at the same time. I have work to do on myself and for myself. If I want to share my life with someone (I have more and more started really feeling like I do want this) then I need to go seek him out.

Seek and ye shall find. Please pray for me to that end!

Also, as an aside, I was reminded today how much I am loved and it did my heart a load of needed good. Last night, Mike read my previous post about my being rejected twice in a week and he called me early this morning to find out exactly what happened and make sure I was OK. Even cuter and more touching was that he was going to call me as soon as he read it, but knowing me and loving me as he does, he knew I would already be asleep! I really needed that today. For every rejection there is a flood of love that follows.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

After reading your rejection blog, I actually wanted to comment. Then I thought it sounded nosy so I didn't. That is something I am working on...(the being nosy part). You were and are in my thoughts!

CatholicLady said...

Hi Steph,

Thanks so much for your good thoughts. Hey, when I post something on here, it becomes public news for the whole world (ot at leaset the dozen people who actually read this blog!), so don't think you'd be nosy to ask questions about anything I talk about.

The good news is that I am finally mailing you your DVDs on Saturday (I finally brought your work address home and got the package together!). Best of luck next week!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the well wishes. I am excited and happy. Unfortunately Darren has to go back to England August 16th while he waits for his Visa. It can take a month to as long as 4. I am hoping it is fast! It is a small price to pay to have him here, but it will still be hard.

Can I ask who did the rejecting?

CatholicLady said...

Not going to name names, but luckily it's one you know--A female friend of mine I have known a few years and a guy friend I have known a little over a year.

CatholicLady said...

Oops, meant to say luckily NO ONE you know!

Unknown said...

Well, their loss.

Anonymous said...

I join. All above told the truth. We can communicate on this theme.

Anonymous said...

Certainly.