Tuesday, August 07, 2007

An open letter to Jermaine

Dear Jermaine,

Your birthday is just a week away and I have no idea where you are this year or how I can reach you right now, so my only recourse is to use my blog. Luckily, I do know you stop by and read about my goings on when you have the opportunity.

Where are you these days? I know that you and your brothers moved, and I think you moved back to the Morristown area, but I don’t know exactly where and I have no phone number for you presently. The e-mail addresses I have for you seem to be old. Maybe you can make sure you get in touch with me to provide me up-to-date contact info in case I need to contact you with some news of important happenings.

I hope that the Lord continues to bless you and your family. I hope that you celebrate your birthday this year in good health and with the utmost happiness and peace in your heart and mind. I pray that God continues to use you to inspire others around you with your positive outlook and your joy.

Thank you Jermaine for the gift that you have been in my life, for the ways you have loved me and taken care of me over the years, near and far. I will never forget the different ways you looked out for me and protected me when we lived together at Rutgers. I was so blessed to have a protector, confidant, and dear friend in you. You loved me when I loved people who didn’t love me back they way the should have. You loved me when I wasn’t acting like I loved myself. You always made me feel like I was a strong woman—very beautiful, and positive. That support during those formative years up until the present day has helped me in my journey to become the woman I am today and the woman I hope to one day be.

I love you JER-MAINE. I miss you. Happy birthday. May our God bless you and keep you safe. As ever, you remain in my prayers.

Love, L

No comments: