Friday, June 29, 2007

Random odds and ends, part 10

Jim is on a trip to Ireland as we speak, taking a much needed and much deserved break now that the school year is over for him and his students are off doing whatever it is they do during the summer. I am getting VERY excited for Italy now that it's actually within arm's reach. I have spoken to my friends Michelle and her brother (also my friend) Alex who went to Italy a year ago and Alex sent me all the links to his online photos and the like. It's going to be beautiful.

Being away from work for a meaningful length of time is also going to be more wonderful than I can say. This past Tuesday was my 12-year anniversary of working (and all 12 years at the same company, no less!) . I think I mentioned this before, but I started working 5 weeks after I graduated college. Since then, I have never been away from the office for 2 full weeks. It's important for me to do this. It's important for me to live life and not live work. It took me a little bit of time to really realize this, but I have more clarity on the matter as of late.

I have been spending time doing more things and seeing more people lately--I have come out of hibernation now that summer is upon us. I tend to disappear more in the colder months, and have been enjoying the spring and summer. I am also tan and that always makes me feel more season-appropriate.

I've received e-mails from some of you asking for prayers and I am blessed to do so. I will ask everyone else to keep the intentions of all of your friends here (those you know and those you don't know) in your individual prayers as well.

Work has been busy--a young woman I supervise gets married tomorrow and is out of the office for over 2 weeks and a lot of the staff want to link up the 4th of July holiday to the weekend and are taking off either next Mon and Tues or Thurs and Fri.

I hope everyone has a BBQ to go to on the 4th. If not, let me know, you can come with me to Wyndee's!

No comments: