Thursday, April 05, 2007

Happy Easter

Today begins what the Church calls the Triduum (three days). This is my last day of work this week and I will be in church tonight, Friday afternoon, and for a few hours on Saturday night for the Easter Vigil Mass (Fr Pat goes all out for the Easter vigil and the mass is very long).

A lot of people don't go to the Easter Vigil mass because they can't bear being in church that long, which, if you think about it, is a crying shame considering the fact that we are celebrating the fact that Jesus suffered and died for our sins (and rose again!). The least we can do is sacrifice some time.

I am cooking Easter dinner this year (I am not quite sure how this happened, since we usually just go out, but I felt inspired). My parents, Cathi, and Terry will be coming.

I hope that all of you who will also be celebrating Easter will have a blessed holiday surrounded by the company of the people you love.

Christ is risen, He is tuly risen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!! Trish

CatholicLady said...

You too T! Love, L