Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Another year of a rich life...

Another year of blessed life is on the verge of having passed and I am reflective.

I have joy in my life and I can see it and savor it. I am grateful for that. The joy is sometimes very small, but it is enough for me to recognize and glean happiness from. Thank you Lord for helping me appreciate the small joys.

E fights with me almost daily (because he wants me to be happy) that I am unwilling to do enough to make my life the way I want it. However, I find that he often wants me to do things the way he would do them, which in some situations is great and in others is totally impractical. We threaten to kill one another at least once a day. Of course we never would, but that doesn’t stop us from getting fired up.

The problem is that it is true that I often am a person who sits and waits for things to happen instead of taking any risks to make them happen. I would be interested in knowing how many of you see me that way because I don’t think that I actually give that off in my daily interactions with people, ie, people see me “doing” a lot and making things happen, but I guess I am able to hide it less from a person who spends the better part of 5 days a week with me, like E.

I think about what I will do when the time comes in the future when E will leave this job. I wonder if we will ever be able to be as close as we are now. It makes me sad to know that the answer to that is most likely no. I know we will be friends for the rest of our lives, but the dynamic will very different. It’s just weird to think about because we have only known each other in these circumstances.

Mom and I are having a very special girls’ day when I take the day off on Friday—our main stop is going to be to go to QVC for the studio tour and to shop in their studio store. I am looking forward to the day off. I have off again next Friday for Good Friday. I am looking forward to a meaningful Holy Week beginning this Sunday.

I am blessed to be on the verge of turning a year older with two healthy parents who I love more with each passing week, my own health, a stable job that I still enjoy going to after all these years, friends who enrich my life and make it (and me) better, and a God who knows me better than anyone else and loves me more than I could ever begin to fathom.

That is a blessed life if I have ever seen one. Thank you Jesus for another year to serve you and continue to give you all the glory. Praised be your name.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To my friend and sister Lori, Happy Birthday. I know I am a few days late but you are never far from my thoughts and prayers. My prayer for you is that God continue to show you favor in all the endeavors that you do. He has blessed you with another year at life and that alone is enough to make us say HALLELUJAH!! This life is not promised to us and we are here temporarily, so while we are here we are to make the most of our lives and live "Christ- like" live. I know we haven't seen each other in awhile but I do read the blog. From what I can tell Christ is alive in you and working through you. So Happy Birthday....I love you..

CatholicLady said...

Thanks so much Jermaine--It's great to hear that you are alive and well out there in the world! I'm glad you are reading and staying up to date. Knowing you love me is such a blessing. I love you you!