Saturday, November 25, 2006

Guess where I am?

I am sitting in the customer seating area of my Honda dealer, waiting for my car to finish getting an oil change. I randomly looked at the little sticker in the upper left corner of my windshield earlier this week and realized my car was about 800 miles overdue for an oil change. I had called my Honda dealer to see when they could take me, assuming they would have more openings on Friday than Saturday; however, as you can see, here I am on Saturday. I don't care, I'm just glad I am getting back on track. My dealer is kind enough to offer free Internet service at a little computer station for the customers while we wait. Talk about great multi-tasking for me!

I spoke to Jim briefly last night while he was driving and I filled him in on the plan for Christmas for the very little kids of my parish--we (well, technically, the kids in the youth group) are going to host a "Breakfast with Santa" event, but in an effort to try to help the kids remember WHY we celebrate Christmas the event is going to be called "Santa Presents...Breakfast With Baby Jesus." We will have the Baby Jesus in the manger from our large nativity scene set up in the room and will have the kids see Him and have a picture taken with Him (kind of like they do with Santa, but we still have to figure out the exact logistics of that). I know the little ones will still be more jazzed about hearing a big Santa yelling "Ho Ho Ho," but at least we are trying to instill a sense of meaning, which is more than I can say for some of their parents, but I digress.

I had a long talk with Cathi and Terry yesterday (two of my great older lady friends from my parish) and they feel like I may have to marry an older man in order to marry someone who is living the life I am trying to live. I don't disagree with them, to a point, but my Dad is only 59 years old for goodness sake, and I simply don't see myself being attracted to a man the same age as my dad or even very close to his age.

My consolation is that even if I have no idea that is in store for me in terms of a husband (or lack thereof) the Lord knows what the plan is. I have complete faith in that plan. He hasn't ever steered me wrong. I will continue to fight the good fight in His name. I know that I will never be punished for trying to live by the teachings of Mother Church, in fact, my life will be blessed, so I am content with what unfolds specifically designed for me.

God will not be outdone.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Holyboldness! I love your style...good luck with the oil change...and the manhunt...happy holidays!

CatholicLady said...

Hey JJ--Thanks for the note. I call you JJ because I went to high school with a Jennifer Johnson... Who didn't, right?!

Anonymous said...

demi lovato nude pictures http://trusted.md/user/demi_lovato_nude fully naked demi lovato

Anonymous said...

naked pics of taylor swift has taylor swift ever been nude