Thursday, November 23, 2006

What are you thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'll tell you one thing I am thankful for right now--the fact that today is the first day of a 4-day weekend. As I mentioned a time or two ago, the next 2 weeks at work are going to busy and challenging, so I am happy to have a few mindless days of nothing before it all begins. Although, truth be told, I think the fact that the busy time at work as a clear and definitive end to it makes a huge difference in my outlook, so I know I'll make it. Oh, and by the way, E did the right thing and finally told me where he is going on his vacation before we left work yesterday.

I went to mass this morning. I always try to go on Thanksgiving. If I can't give thanks to God for the countless blessings I have been given and am given every day on Thanksgiving day in particular, when else can I? Really and truly, that is what today is all about. Fr Pat kept up with what apparantly is a very old tradition of blessing bread after mass and then he distributed it (he kindly gave me 3 rolls so I can share them with my parents).

I am happy to be with my parents today--it's always just the 3 of us on Thanksgiving and we always wind up having a good time. It's very relaxed since it's just us and the food is good and we usually wind up yelling and laughing about various things. I will stop by a friend's house later tonight for dessert.

Mike Day was working at QVC yesterday, filming some of the Thanksgiving Day material in advance (product shots and the like). He is recently back from a trip to California (LA and south) and enjoyed it although it sounded like he saw more people than places. It was his first time there. Speaking of travels, I think a trip to Italy is a go for me in later 2007--it will likely be my parents, me, and Cathi and Terry (my friends from church).

I hope you are all with people you love today and I pray you will take some time to remember all of the blessings of the past year and give a word of thanks to God.

2 comments:

ggggg said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

CatholicLady said...

Thanks Mr Lakewood--I'm always happy to know some fellow NJ-ites stumble across this thing! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well.