Friday, December 01, 2006

Is everybody crazy?

Do you ever have those times where you are pretty convinced that everyone around you has lost their minds?

I am in the middle of one of those times right now. People making crazy choices, taking huge risks, people not thinking things through, rash decisions out the wazoo...

Then it makes me think about my senior year of college when things with John and I were coming to an end (for real) and I was really not in a good place emotionally and mentally and I was on the phone with my friend Wyndee who was in North Carolina at school and I was screaming, "I am not crazy! He is crazy!" at the very top of my lungs like a lunatic.

Over a year later (or even more), when everything was long back to normal for me, praise God, Wyndee told me that she made herself a mental note to one day tell me that I was indeed totally crazy on the phone that day, but just wasn't in the place to be told so right then.

That's where I think some of the I know folks are right now. Acting crazy, but not in the right place to be told so...

P.S. I have survived week one of doing my job PLUS E's job. Monday was a terrible day, really bad, but the week progressively got better. Four more work days to go! He comes back on Dec 8--YAY! Then I can get back to "normal," whatever that is. Thank you for your prayers and please keep them coming.

Also, please pray for my friend Gary (and his wife Claire--she sometimes posts comments here). Garys mom died suddenly of a blood clot this week. May God rest her soul.

3 comments:

CatholicLady said...

Too many people and situations to name, really. Just a lot of general craziness from the masses--not just people I know, but people the people I know know :)

I feel like it's either got to be a full moon, or maybe the time of year, or the back and forth weather temperatures :)

It's just startling when everyone is plodding along and then--BAM--everyone at once decides to start making out of character life changes.

Jim said...

Yeah... I can sure see where you are coming from Lori. As of late I look and I am taken back by some peoples actions. And I know it can be said for mine as well.. I think that it being almost the end of the year people had an idea of what they would be doing or where they would be in life and do rash things to get somewhere different by the end of year... I could be wrong but that is something I know happens with me.

CatholicLady said...

Yes, I absolutely agree here. I think that the time of year coupled with age plays a role--especially once folks reach those early 30s and realize that real life is not some magical joy ride 27/7 and there is a lot of day to day monotony in career and family that they start to decide to make big changes and the like because they aren't where they thought they would be.

I have never been a big risk taker, so it's even more startling to me, I think, than for some others.

We need to try to find joy and purpose in the day to day, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't ever shoot for the stars or take risks--as with most things we discuss here, it's about balance.