Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Random odds and ends (part 3)

Lots of little things today--nothing too long or very well-formed I'm afraid...

As you all have seen or heard by now I am sure, the man who claimed to kill little Jon-Benet Ramsey 10 years ago was NOT a DNA match with the crime scene DNA. Sigh. I sigh even though I knew it wouldn't be a match from the word go.

I got an e-mail from Trish in Ohio this morning and she asked how my mom was doing. She said she had been waiting for me to post an update here and wasn't seeing one...I think part of the reason I hadn't posted more is because mom is doing so well I don't want to talk about it too loudly! That's dumb of me though, because I should be speaking about it VERY loudly and thanking God! Mom is really doing great--she's up and around like normal and she's even back in the pool! She is feeling really good (although my parents and all of their friends in the development are sad because Monday is the last day for the pool until next year. When I tell you they act like a bunch of little kids in that pool I am not kidding!). Thanks again for all of your prayers. My mom thanks you too.

E and I have booked our business trip. We're going to Chicago at the end of September. It remains to be seen whether we will need to check our luggage or we can just carry on...I guess it will all depend on what we're bringing. I am also going to see LC and DJ at the end of September.

I hope everyone has something nice and relaxing planned for the upcoming long Labor Day weekend. I am going to a party on Sunday (thank goodness not a BBQ, since it's supposed to rain here!) and I need to figure out when I am going to take Matt out because he turns the big 3-0 on Monday!

Love you guys.

No comments: