Monday, August 28, 2006

Still maintaining...

I was sure that more folks would chime in on the last post. I think we can all really look at ourselves and how much we "maintain."

In any event, the reason why I held off on posting anything else was because I wanted Jermaine to post his comments. You see, Jermaine sent me a long e-mail after he read Thursday's post and I told him that I wanted everyone else to read what he had to say (not just me) so I asked him to post the e-mail as a comment. Since he is in the middle of moving and everying else, I am going to post his thoughts as a follow-up post. I know that I have his permission (I say that so that the rest of you won't be afraid I'll ever post your e-mails without your OK first!)

Jermaine wrote:

Thanks for including me in your blog today. The whole time I was reading your email I kept hearing the voice of Reverend Run from MTV's RUNS HOUSE. At the end of every episode he types into his blackberry his thoughts for the day. Weird.

This might sound strange but even though I wrote that line for you, "I love you for always loving me," when I read it this time around I thought it could be one of my new prayers to God. "Thank you Lord For loving me even though I haven't made it easy for you at times." Or "I Love you Lord For Always Loving Me." I can honestly say that I know what that means because there were times in the past when I was partying too hard and fast and even in the midst of ALL that.... the Lord loved me enough to spare my life, my sanity, and health. God is Awesome. So thank you for including that line on the blog.


The Jehovah witness thing was funny... and I do remember saying that.

I must say your question is interesting...("Come to think of it, is that all I'm doing? Maintaining?") but it doesn't apply to you. Someone who is maintaining is someone who is holding on, existing but not living. To me, You don't fit that mold. You are living and loving God and in return he is blessing you in ways you have yet to discover. I think that even if you feel you might be maintaining that that is a perfect opportunity to Thank God for Keeping you, preserving you, and not letting the enemy take you under. There is a line from a song we sing at church that says:

I love to praise You, through the good and the bad/ I'll praise You, whether happy or sad/I'll praise you in ALL that I go thru/ because Praise is what I do. I owe it all to YOU.

I say all this to say that in the good times and bad and even in those "maintaining" times Praise Him and He will honor your praise.


Jermaine made me feel better about what I see as maintaining. More than that, he gave me another perspective on the fruits of the ways that I try to love and serve God.

That's another reason why we're all here--to support one another. Support is one of the most important gifts we can give one another. Support has many definitions. Today, let's think about the ways we give and receive support. I bet you support people in ways that you don't even see as support.

I love the way life works!

2 comments:

CatholicLady said...

Great to hear from you Claire. We have other moms who are regular readers of this blog and I'd love if one of them would add their thoughts to yours.

I especially like the treadmill analogy. That's something that I can think of in my mind when I feel like I am literally running here and there for God each week--going to this meeting and that adoration hour and this youth group and wondering if it's really bearing fruit in my life (am I taking the time to see the fruit before running somewhere else?)...Maybe it's similar to raising children int he sense that the seeds I am helping plant in others will be the fruit that sustains me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.