Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Random odds and ends (part 2)...



Where to begin today? Lots to report.

Yesterday was the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and a holy day of obligation. I had gone to mass the previous evening—my church looked really pretty. My pastor filled the place with flowers. A friend took some pictures. Here is one of them. This is of the icon of the Assumption that Fr Pat placed in front of the area of our church where all the mass readings are done and the homilies are given (the ambo). He put the icon out just for the Solemnity and people brought bouquets of flowers in honor of our Lady. I'm just about out of pictures, so get ready for this blog to get real boring again starting tomorrow!

There was a fire on the train that I take yesterday (but thankfully not the one I was on!). I left the office at 4:45, made a stop on the way home and then walked into my house at 6pm. As soon as I walked in the door, my cell phone rang. It was Matt, wanting to see “if I made it.” It turns out that I was one of the last 2 trains to make it through before a train caught on fire and caused the entire line to be shut down in both directions. Matt was stranded at work for a while until someone’s husband came and drove a bunch of them over the bridge. He wound up getting home at 8pm. Yuck!

LC and DJ are running into some problems that will likely make their move impossible at this time, so please continue to keep the situation with their neighbor, as explained here, in prayer. They are keeping a positive outlook. I told LC in an e-mail last week that the choice is now theirs on how they will handle it. Will they live in fear or will they make the choice to live happily despite something that is not in their direct control right now. They are choosing the latter!

I found out yesterday that E and I are going to Chicago on a short business trip in October. We’ll have fun, but will surely feel first hand some of the travel restrictions/security measures going on right now. As I commented to Steph and she agreed, those minor inconvenieces are a small price to pay for our safety!

Lord, today we ask that you continue to minister to all of the intentions we have made previously that still have a need for prayer and healing today. Amen.

No comments: