Saturday, December 08, 2007

Be careful what you wish for...

So I'm the lady who always wants out of town guests. I think about having people come in from out of town and that I'll take a couple days off from work and I'll take them places and show them things and we'll have a grand old time. Who these people are that are coming in from out of town, I have no idea, but it's still one of those things that crosses my mind more often than a normal person.

Judy from Rutgers is coming today and staying until tomorrow, and although I cannot wait, just having someone come and stay for one night has me in such a tizzy I have no idea how I would realistically cope with people staying for more than a night or two. I have been trying to get the house clean and in order for several days and still am not finished (and I am currently at the Honda dealer getting an oil change and then going to grocery shop all before Judy comes, so who knows when I am going to finish working on the house before she arrives). My downstairs is always in good shape because that's where my guests usually are and that's the part of the house the "public" sees, but I have Christmas gifts and decoration containers in the very guest room Judy will be sleeping in. Sigh.

I'm no fool though, believe me. I fully realize that if this is my greatest stress this weekend, I am blessed.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: