Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ten things I'm thinking about...

10. The fact that I haven’t seen Mike Day a single time in the year 2007. Who can believe this?

9. How nice it is that one of the women I supervise invited me to her 5-year anniversary lunch, which is today (the company gives the employees money to go to lunch on the milestone anniversaries—more money for more years—and she only asked 4 people to go to the lunch and she let her stinky boss be one of them).

8. The fact that I haven’t been able to meet up with Trish from Ohio and her family any of the times that they have been back in NJ since I went to visit them in Ohio in 2006.

7. How angry I still can get at my E after all of this time of knowing him when he just doesn’t care about ______ (fill in the blank with almost anything I care about!). How I still manage to be surprised, get angry, or care all boggles my mind.

6. How quickly that same anger disappears boggles my mind as well, although, in truth, I have never been any kind of really serious grudge holder, much less so in the recent years than ever.

5. How different my day is (for the better) when I get myself up and go to the gym in the morning. It never ceases to amaze me how much better I feel all day. I feel happier because I don’t have the monkey on my back of knowing I need to do some sort of exercise at night or feel guilty if I don’t do anything. It’s all over by 6:30 am and I am a free bird the rest of the day!

4. The same is true for when I go to mass during the week. Before we moved our office in April 2005, I was attending daily mass, well, almost daily! When we moved I never really got back into the habit. I have the Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul nearby (beautiful!) so I have promised myself (and the Lord) I will go to mass at least one weekday per week. I will hopefully increase the number of days once I get back into this good habit.

3. How much I love my house. I have lived there for 10 years now and I simply love being there. It’s simple and comfortable and warm. I don’t want anything else other than what I have right now. I don’t need or want anything bigger. I am able to keep up with what I have and I think that’s one reason why I love it so much.

2. How quickly the summer has gone by and how much I am looking forward to Fall and all of things that Fall promises—cooler weather, turning leaves, football, pumpkins, sweaters, and so on.

1. The fact that a trip to Italy that was planned about almost 8 months ago is now less than 4 weeks away. I am starting to not only get excited, but to also crave the time away in a new place, taking a nice break from work and the day-to-day grind with four people I love. I can’t wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey L-
I know, I am bummed about not being able to connect with you while we've been in NJ. It seems that each trip is a whirlwind and there is NEVER enough time to fit in everyone we want to see or do half the things we would like to. I was actually very homesick and so happy to be in NJ. I actually ran our old "drive" route--past our old homes and thru Tenby Chase. I was thinking of you and amazed at how much has changed and how much has not. Happily, after 5 years my father FINALLY had the chance to get Kelldog on his boat--forces of nature have always prevented it on all our other visits. I know that meant the world to him. I also was able to see my grandmom and some cousins, but I haven't really spent much time with much of my family these past few years. As much as I love living in Ohio, there are lots of things and people that I miss in NJ. Guess I'll always be a Jersey Girl no matter how far I go!!
Miss you!
Love & laughter,
T

CatholicLady said...

Hey T!

Good to hear from you! It sounds like this last trip back was needed time that was very well spent. I am so glad you got to see so much and do so much (even though I didn't get to see you, a lot of very important people did, like grandmom!). NJ misses you as much as you miss it and I WILL see you soon! Love, L

Anonymous said...

Hey L-
I'm sure you will see me soon, too! My sister-in-law is expecting in November and her father has terminal cancer, so we are praying that he can live peacefully until he meets his granddaughter.
I'm doing better than expected, dealing with K-dog starting school. He is growing up so fast--everyday, I snuggle with him, hoping that the next day he won't be too "cool" to hug his mama!
Miss ya! Love & laughter, T