Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Random odds and ends (part 5)

Of all of the posts that no one has commented on, I have to say the one that disappoints me the most is the one about good husbands versus good fathers. I’d really like to ask folks (especially the married lurkers who read this blog) to rethink whether or not they should comment on that post and decide that they should (and then post a comment here and let us know you did).

I found out today that Massachusetts man lives with his 78 year old mother who has some sort of dementia that they are still trying to diagnose (I knew about the dementia, but asked him who she lives with today). His other siblings are significantly older than him (he was a late in life surprise!) and he is her primary caregiver although some of the other siblings are around and do help. He seems to have no concerns about certain things like, who’s going to stay with his mother if and when he comes to see me (well, I assume he has no concerns about that since he can already quote me the price of a round trip plane ticket to Philly). One thing I admire about him is that he really does put his complete trust in God in ALL things. That is one thing that I can stand to learn from him on.

The Eagles are disappointing me. However, I have a newfound respect for the Giants and their great win against Dallas last night.

I heard a guy friend of mine got offended on some deep level that I went to the Nick Lachey concert. His offense was revealed only after Jeanine commented how good looking she thought Nick Lachey was in front of said friend and her husband Andy.

Another good thing in the long list of good things I have found about having the digital cable and On Demand is that MTV On Demand offers a couple of old Newlyweds episodes for my viewing pleasure at all times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will post to the Father / Husband deal.... Why would someone be offended on a deep level over the concert?

CatholicLady said...

Haters Jim, that's who...Guys who feel a little intimidated that I chose to spend some money to go look at a very handsome man sing for a little while. What are you going to do??

I will respond to both you and Steph on the actual husbands/fathers post