Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Wasting our time...

My friend Jim called me on Friday night and we spoke for a couple of hours. I hadn’t talked to him in a while and we caught up all the way around. All was well.

Then, on Saturday, I received a text message from him that his mother had a heart attack and was taken away in an ambulance. As of right now she is stable but she may need to have a portion of one of her lungs removed. Please keep her in your prayers.

Things can change very quickly. When things do change, it’s often just that way—very quickly. Do you ever think about that? The crazy things that alter our lives are very rarely the things that we think will happen. The million or so “what if” scenarios that we play out in our minds very rarely, if ever, come to fruition. It’s the things that suddenly occur on a random Thursday that catch us totally off guard and throw us into a tailspin.

If this is the case, then why do we worry so much? If the things that we worry about so rarely come to pass, then why do we continue to waste so much time?

When I figure out the answer to this I will let you know. If you know the answer, please share it with the rest of us!

No comments: