Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Random odds and ends...

I received a really lovely note in the mail from Trish in Ohio yesterday, marveling at how the time has flown since my visit there and letting me know what she thinks of the blog. I know I mentioned this before but I can’t stop saying how much that means to me, to know that everyone is reading it and getting something from it and that I’m not just talking (sometimes preaching, I know!) to myself. I give God all the glory, because I really never gave blogging much thought and suddenly, here we all are!

I would love it if all of you guys would actually start sharing your thoughts for the rest of our readers to see by posting comments. By doing so you all can see who else is out there and we can actually start to have a discussion. I know you all are amazing people with ideas and thoughts and insights and I want everyone else among you to start knowing that too. Start giving some real thought to posting comments. Come on, what’s it going to hurt? Pray about it. We don’t always have to agree, we just always have to be charitable.

Oh, and an interesting follow-up to the post about seeing my ex. Remember how I mentioned that all I did was wave to him at the birthday party we were attending? Well, I was actually working on my book last night (miracle of miracles!) and the books starts off with our breakup (since that was the actual start of the “rest of my life” and where the story of the book begins) and guess what was the very last thing I did the night we broke up and he was leaving my house? I waved to him from my balcony. Maybe I’m just a big waver and I don’t know it. Or maybe Mike D. was right (as he mentioned in his comment to that original post) and it’s hard to come up with a lot of different ways to communicate with a guy that doesn’t have much to say (meaning that he's quiet and not that he's not a thinker)...

Today, let’s pray for the special intentions that each of us hold in our hearts. Lord, you know our individual hopes and struggles. You know what we need and what we don’t. Lord, today, please lead us toward your will for us in every situation and help us to give our difficulties to you to take and transform. Amen.

No comments: