Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Baby love...

I had the opportunity to spend time with my newest girlfriend yesterday. She just turned 2 months old the other day. I mentioned her previously; her name is Teresa Marie, although I exclusively refer to her as “little T.” I must publicly thank her mother for allowing me to call her that. I have a feeling that when I have kids I will tow the line a bit harder about what liberties you can and cannot take when referring to the children I have named, but Jeanine is a very good sport.

I held her the entire 2 hours I was there. Jeanine had just finished feeding her when I arrived, so the timing was perfect. She was a little fussy when I first started holding her but I started doing the well-known “SHHHHHH-SHHHHHH-SHHHHHH….” technique in her ear (they say the SHHHHH sound is similar to what babies hear in the womb) and patting her back. We danced around some, I bounced her some, and she eventually fell asleep with her little head on my chest. It was good because we were trying to have a meeting. She slept on me through the whole meeting.

I have to say that there aren’t too many things that feel better than a little head laying on your chest and not many sounds sweeter than contented baby sighs. Holding a tiny life makes me value life even more. T’s daddy, Andy, used the time as an opportunity for mine and T’s first little photo shoot. When Andy e-mails me the pictures I will attempt to post them as the first photos on this blog!

I do sincerely pray that I will have the opportunity to be a mother someday. I hope that that is the Lord’s will for me. If it isn’t, the Lord will show me what he has in store for me in the place of motherhood and I would be able to accept that. I sometimes feel really ashamed to ask God for more blessings than countless the ones I have already received and continue to receive, but in those times I try to remind myself that God wants us to ask for the desires of our heart.

Lord, please help me today to be more open to really asking you for the desires of my heart and please help me to be able to be more honest with myself about what those desires truly are. Then, once I’ve identified those desires and I’ve asked you for them, God, please help me do what it is that I have to do to achieve them through Your will.

That’s a tall order in the prayer department today, God, but I know you can handle it for me! Amen.

Also, one PSA today: For anyone who gets EWTN and enjoys great Catholic speakers, they will be airing the LIVE Birmingham EWTN 25th anniversary party all day long this Saturday. Do check in as you are in and out the house during your travels. It’s going to be great TV all day long.

Oh--and finally, I bought advance tickets for the Nick Lachey concert in October today. Borgata, here I come!

No comments: