Friday, March 28, 2008

A full house...

LC and Darryl will be arriving tonight and staying until Sunday. Judy and Paul (both Rutgers friends) will be arriving on Saturday and staying until Sunday.

With so many out-of-town guests coming at once and staying with me (it’s like a stressful but wonderful dream come true!), I have almost entirely forgotten that they are coming to help me celebrate my birthday!

I suppose it’s tied to the fact that I have been cleaning and arranging and preparing for the big Italian feast to be cooked Saturday night that I have lost sight of the real reason why they are all coming. (Almost like a much, much less important version of how people forget the real reason we celebrate Christmas with all the buying and running around we do!)

I’m looking forward to a fun, maybe not relaxed but definitely carefree weekend and a nice day off on Monday so mom and I can make one of our quarterly trips up to QVC for some shopping.

It’s going to be a great 3-day weekend spent with a lot of people who I love.

I am grateful for another year of blessings, good health, wonderful people in my life, and a Savior who loves miserable little me, despite me!

No comments: