Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday ramblings...

I hope everyone has had a great week.

On my end, all is really well. I am going for some annual blood work on Monday morning (I am taking the day off too!) so please pray for good/normal results. I have regular blood work done to monitor me because my dad has diabetes (and so did his dad). I appreciate your prayers, as always!

Work is going well. We are getting ready to come up on a busy period, because we have a couple of new people starting and I will likely be training one of them (which, after training and checking all of the work for upwards of 5 and 6 people at once during the consolidation of our production sites a year and a half ago, one new person on top of the one employee’s work that I still check is a dream!). However, E is getting ready to go on a 2-week vacation to an undisclosed location (he won’t tell me because he knows it drives me crazy. Does he have my number or what?!) and his workload is getting ready to change, so, in a sense, I will wind up doing his new journal for the 2 weeks he is gone. That alone is also not a huge deal and I will live. However, the start of his 2-week secret vacation coincides to the day of the new employees first day. Oh, and I am out of the office that very first day too. Ah, such are the joys of Management!

This weekend will be quiet (and a nice 3-day weekend at that). Next weekend is a marathon of running around like a lunatic with women’s group on Friday, my youth ministry certification class Saturday day, mass, a girl’s night with some of the girlfriends from high school on Saturday night, volunteering with my dad to deliver Thanksgiving dinner baskets to families in the town where my parents live on Sunday morning, and youth group Sunday night.

Life can never just naturally spread itself out, can it?

Oh, and an LC and Darryl update (they are the ones with the really mean, trouble-making neighbor below them). They are moving! LC’s parents are getting ready to retire in the next 2 years (LC’s mom has been a first grade teacher for many years, and should have retired long ago, but she loves it so much. She is basically being given a package in 2 years to make room for young blood). They have bought a house that went up for sale 5 doors away from LC’s sister (and 2 minutes away from where LC and Darryl currently live). So, since the parents are not yet ready to move from NY to CT, they told LC and Darryl to sell their condo and live in the house the parents bought for the next 2 years. LC and Darryl will have to contribute to the mortgage the amount they paid for their mortgage in the condo. It’s a great way for them to get out of a bad situation, the only bad side is that even in the 2 months since LC and Darryl last spoke to their realtor the price they can ask for the condo has dropped about ten thousand dollars. The housing market is really starting to tank, I guess. I barely know, I’ve been in my condo almost 10 years now, if anyone can believe that!

Have a safe and fun weekend! God bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.