Monday, October 16, 2006

Caution--Work in progress!

I am realizing that I still have such a long way to go. I always tell people that I am one of the biggest works in progress that God has going and I think people often just think that I’m trying to be cute or falsely humble, but I’m really not. I mean it.

I still like to be in control too much. I like having all the answers.

See, I am the person that people come to for answers. I am the one who they seek out for advice. I love being a source of help and strength to others—it’s one of the greatest blessings in my life. However, when I don’t know something, I hate it. I don’t mean that in a know-it-all fact kind of way, but just in a general life process way. I don’t like not knowing what my future holds. The rub is that I am perfectly happy knowing the Lord has it all planned out and I am 100% confident that no matter what happens in the future, that the Lord will use every situation for my ultimate good, even if bad on the surface, but I still want to know what. I find tremendous joy in all that I have in the present. I just want to know what’s going to come in the future.

See? I still need to work on my relationship with God. God still needs to work on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your way... its so true we all need work including ourselves... its easier when someone asks for advice but so hard to have it for yourself and be open to seeing you need to work as well....

Anonymous said...

I can relate - wanting to be in control rather than letting God have the reigns!

Thanks for the challenge.
In Jesus,
Maria Toth
www.inhishands.co.uk