Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Holy Boldness is (Part 2)...

Last Friday, I led a discussion on Holy Boldness at the young adult Catholic women's group that I help lead once a month.

I gave the ladies the same story I gave all of you here

Upon further thought and discussion, Jeanine pointed out to me that she is very excited that the Lord has given me this word to act upon, because, as she sees it, I am in for a very exciting period ahead.

The word "exciting," as she uses it, is relative in my eyes! She said that because God is asking me to be bolder, that means that He is going to give me more challenges, causing me to rise up and go above and beyond where I am, and therefore, drawing me closer to Him.

The prospect of that does excite me to a degree. It also scared me out of my mind. Jeanine said the Lord is waiting for my "yes."

The yes that I give has to be full and complete--it has to be a Mary yes, a real yes from the heart, a yes that tells the Lord I belong to him and that with Him I am ready and willing to take on whatever He gives me, knowing that He is my strength and my joy, my hope and my guide.

I have been praying about my yes. I want to be bold and step out and be God's. Enough talk. Now it's time to shut up and put up.

Lord, today, I say yes to You. Make me Yours. I belong to You--take me and use me as You see fit and please help me to not only see and hear what You would have me do, but help me to follow through and do it. Help draw others closer to you so that they can know the love that I know and the happiness that I have. Sometimes I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer--make Your will plainly visible to me when I need it to be so that I can more easily conform to Your will. Amen.

I got a very kind e-mail from sweet Linda yesterday telling me that both she and her mom have been reading and enjoying the blog and I can't say enough about how much that encourages me! That said, I have modified the comments section for this blog so that any of you should be able to leave comments, whether you yourselves are "bloggers" or not. That way, we can all really start to share thoughts with one another and not just have me "talk" to you.

Today, I want us to pray for Linda, for any areas of her life that she feels need an extra boost today and for her mom as well. Lord, hear our prayer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lori. I really appreciate the prayers, and I'm sure my Mom does too - what a special treat for her birthday today!

I'm happy to be able to post comments now, so I can tell you more often that I think you're wonderful - something I can declare with *boldness* any day. God bless you!

CatholicLady said...

I had no idea it was your mom's birthday today! Happy Birthday to her!

I'm very glad you are both a part of this with me!